Dancing On Ice
Watch Heather's Dancing on Ice Videos
Cat & Dog Fur Ban
24th May 2006
China Vowes to Stamp Out Trade in Dog & Cat Fur
After months and months of relentless campaigning, Heather and the team were delighted at the announcement that China had agreed to do everything in its power to stop the cruel and brutal trade in cat and dog fur for fashion. The wrap up warm DVD had been sent to the Prime Minister, Members of Parliament, The Media, the Fashion Industry and additionally almost 3,000 copies were distributed to the powerful and the influential of the movie industry at 2006 Cannes Film Festival.
Struan Stevenson was now able to report to Commissioner Kyprianou, the European Commissioner for Consumer Affairs, that there would be no opposition in China to his proposed directive banning the import, export and trade in cat and dog pelts across the EU. An important barrier to the implementation of the necessary EU wide ban had been removed.
Indeed, the senior Government officials in Beijing made it quite clear that they would regard an EU ban as helpful in their fight to stamp out this cruel trade. China had consistently refused to acknowledge their role in the problem but with an ever increasing movement of people and worldwide media coverage on the issue condemning this trade they were forced into action.
Cat & Dog Fur Ban
- 19th June 2007 - Victory - EU Ban the Import and Export of Dog & Cat Fur from China
- 1998 - Humane Society Begin Investigation
- 2002 - USA Ban the Import, Export, Sale & Production
- December 2003 - European Parliament Written Declaration
- 28th January 2004 - Government Commitment to Ban Trade
- 2004 - Heather received Videotape and got Involved
- 25th January 2005 - Oxford Debating Chamber
- 1st March 2005 - Rock the EU Commission
- 11th December 2005 - Larry King Live
- 24th May 2006 - China Vowes to Stamp Out Trade in Dog & Cat Fur
- EU Propose Ban on Cat and Dog Fur Trade
- 30th November 2006 - Heather Mills Presents Petition to Local Euro MEP
- Success! - A Complete European Ban from China by December 31st 2008